August 20, 2012

Naked Coco De Mer

SAM_2064-001

I recently decided to switch to a sulphate free body wash because my skin was feeling constantly itchy, I didn't really put any research into what might be causing it but I know that Sodium Laureth / Layrl Sulpate is a known irritant and I thought a sulphate free body wash might help.

I popped into my local boots and scoured the shelves for skin friendly shower gel but my only options seemed to be from E45 or Naked. I've used Naked hair products before and liked them and I know that they get a thumbs up from Fee. Naked products aren't just SLS free but also free from Parabens, Petrochemicals and Phthalates, they're all packaged in already recycled plastic and the ingredients are ethically sourced and not tested on animals.

So I picked out the 'Ooh La La Naked' Creamy Bliss Coco De Mer Body wash - partially because it promised to moisturise my skin, mainly because it was pink. The body wash does not lather up as much as your regular shower gels. Sodium Laureth / Laryl Sulpate is a cheap foaming agent which is why you find it in everything from hand wash to toothpaste, the alternative are not always as effective but it's still easy enough to lather up the Coco De Mer body wash especially if you're using a body polisher.

It smells heavenly but it isn't overpowering, it's a light floral fragrance that reminds me of Agent Provocateur Eau de Parfum. And it does a good job of cleaning me. However I can't say that I noticed my skin feeling more moisturised when I was out of the shower.

What I have noticed is that the irritable itchiness of my skin has gone away. I can't be sure it it's down to Naked especially as I forgot to pack it when I went to stay with my boyfriend so I used his lynx shower gel for a week  and didn't notice any difference but SLS can cause irritancy after prolonged use so perhaps I just needed a break.

What I can be sure of is that I'm definitely going to buy another when this bottle runs out and I think that this time I'm going to go for rose

Naked body washes and other products are widely available. You can pick up Coco De La Mer body was from boots or from the Naked website for £3.79 or £3.98 respectively.

x



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like it smells beautiful!

www.arabellag.com