June 26, 2012

Blue Mascara a la Stella McCartney

DSC_0006-001

Since I first saw the electric blue lashes at Stella McCartney AW12 I was in awe of the effect that something as little as a coat (or ten) of blue mascara could have. The bright blue mascara immediately brightens eyes, and gives a wide-eyed awake look to anybody regardless of eye colour or skin tone. Blue makes white look brighter so put next to your eyes it will give you whiter whites and make your eyes look larger leading to a beautiful and captivating doe eyed effect.



Images via Vogue.co.uk

DSC_0003-001

I've been wanting to try this out for a while but haven't had the guts to go out and buy a blue mascara but I found one of my sisters this morning and tried it out. I only applied it onto my bottom lashes but it still gives an alluring effect. I love the look, it brightens up my eyes and skin and it's a whole lot more fun than sticking to neutrals and an easy way to introduce colour into your make up routine.

The mascara I used was Collection 2000 'Colour Lash' in number 5 'Electric Blue'. I had to work hard to get the blue effect but this is an old mascara and isn't produced anymore. I'm considering investing in the newer version. I would love the YSL Faux Cils, but it's a little out of my budget for something I wouldn't wear very often. The mascara at Stella McCartney was very heavy and clumped anyway so I don't think you need to fork out a lot to channel this look.

DSC_0008-001DSC_0010-001

x



No comments: