May 14, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter - 'Sweet Tart'

SAM_1510-001

Undoubtedly you will have already heard a lot about Revlon Lip Butters, but I've only recently been able to get hold of one as due to thy hype, they've been sold out in my local boots.

Despite reading all the rave reviews, I was still surprised at how good this product is when I first used it. I was expecting a very moisturising tinted lip balm, but when I applied this to my lips it came out with lipstick opacity. The product looks opaque on your lips and is shiny but not glossy. It also applies really well due to of it's buttery formula.

The lip butter wears well considering it's so moisturising, the colour lasts quite a long time. I think that you'd need to re-apply this product every hour or so (after wearing for an evening my lips were a little tinted when I took it off).

Revlon state that the lip butter "boosts lip moisture by 156%", I think this is a tall claim and don't think that this moisturises as well as my beloved blistex/carmex balms but they are balms specifically for dry chapped lips so that's a tall order. The bottom line is that the lip butters moisturise my lips better than any lipstick and better than a lot of balms.

Overall I would give this a 9/10 for great coverage, good wear and moisture. It retails at £7.99 which I don't think is too steep for such a quality product, but I got £2 off mine with a boots voucher.

SAM_1525-001SAM_1521-001

SAM_1518-001SAM_1508-001

x



No comments: