January 23, 2011

Orla Kiely Spring Summer 2011

I love Orla Kiely, her prints, her colours I think she's pretty incapable of creating something ugly.

This collection will go down in history as one of my all times favourites, joining the likes of McQueen, Miu Miu and Chanel.
I adore the flirty and charming appeal of the clothes. The updo's with matching and mismatched headbands are really cute but the vertigo inducing wedges and red lips make the pieces sophisticated.

Her s/s 11 collection is a thing of beauty, I've narrowed the 57 piece collection down to 10 pieces (trust me it was really hard!)


"you never stop absorbing ideas from the world around you"

The collection is as we would expect from Orla Kiely, full of girly classics but with a twist (excuse the cliché). Orla uses classic shape; A-line skirts, skater skirts, 50's style dresses, puff sleeved blouses, trimmed cardigans, high waisted skirts and takes them to another level with popping prints & bold shapes.
Orla manages to squeeze some of this seasons trends too, the micro-trend of collars, strappy wedges, bright colour & nude, vintage, fifties, seventies, and my favourite, mustard yellow.
Every piece from this collection is a piece I wish to own, nothing is half hearted, everything is full of charm.

Orla Kiely has put together a collection of clothes that you could wear to see your Grandmother would be proud of, something completely wearable and something wonderfully on trend.

Images Courtesy of Glamourmagazine.co.uk

x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more ! Orla Kiely's designs are fabulous, I like her bedding too.