This is the first of my weekly meals, if you’re a fellow lover of Gizzi Erskine, you will recognise this.
Crispy Chicken Chunks
You will need….
- Chicken Breast Chunks (enough to feed you/whoever you’re feeding)
- Parmesan, freshly grated 15g (p/p)
- Fine Meal Polenta 40g
- A pinch of pepper
- Olive oil
- One free range egg white (cooking for four i used three)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then pour onto a plate ready for coating the chicken.
- Put your chicken pieces on to some baking parchment, fold over the pieces and then flatten them with a rolling pin.
- In another bowl lightly whisk the egg white/s.
- When ready, dip your chicken pieces first in the egg white and then coat in your polenta mixture. Set aside onto a plate.
- When all pieces are coated, heat a little oil in a non stick pan (i used two pans when cooking for four, you just cant fit this onto one).
- Put all of the pieces in to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side at a medium to high heat. (As you are using chunks they will probably be thinner than a breast fillet as Gizzi uses, so will need less cooking time – she suggests 7-).
- Serve once ready and enjoy :)